Friday, April 17, 2015

This is believe proposal

I believe that creating a safe learning environment is imperative to having a good classroom
where everyone can learn. If a child does not feel safe in a classroom or school then they are not going to learn as well. There are different extremes to it, but it ranges as serious as a child is being bullied in a school so bad that they will not even come to school anymore. Even something as little as being too little scared to participate in class can make a large difference in the education a student will receive, and it will effecting that student for the rest of his or her life.

There are countless differences in race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and more in schools all over the world. I believe that the first and one of the most important steps in the right direction for our schools is to teach our students to accept everybody else for who they are. It will not only help students get a better education, but it will help society as a whole.


There are many issues, hopes, and dreams that my personal beliefs respond to. One of my biggest problems with society today is that we do not accept people for who they are. I believe that a person should be able to do whatever they want that makes them happy without having to worry about other peoples judging them for their choices. I believe that you should always do what makes you happy, and it bothers me that people in the world do not accept others because of some of their choices. The prior experiences that form the interests on topic of my research paper come from my childhood. Some of my family’s closest friends are two lesbian women named Shelly and Molly, and I also have an aunt that is a lesbian as well. I grew up with them around me all the time and I didn’t think anything of it. I knew that Shelly and Molly were a couple, and it just seemed completely normal to me, but when I started growing up I realized that not everyone felt the same way that I did about gay relationships, or people that identify as LGBTQ in general. Many people think that is wrong to be a part of any part of the LGBTQ community. It bothers me that people think this way, and cannot be accepting of other peoples views. Other topics that I will make connections with/ study will be bulling, discrimination, or just simply the non-acceptance of other people’s life styles in general. The big questions that I have to ask on the topic are, what kind of improvements would be made in our education system if everybody was accepting? How to create a safe learning environment in a school and classroom? And, how do we teach people to be accepting of other people’s life styles?  I want to know what kind of cultures are not accepted by others and how this effects the learning environment of students.
References

Herback, J. (2005). Creating a Safer Learning Environment. Book Links. 14(3). 30.
Gayle, B. M., Cortez, D., & Preiss, R. W. (2013). Safe Spaces, Difficult Dialogues, and Critical   Thinking. International Journal For The Scholarship Of Teaching & Learning. 7(2), 1-8.
Creating a safe Learning Environment to Improve Student Success. (cover story). (2013). Internet@Schools, 20(5), 8-13.
Creating a safe Learning Environment to Improve Student Success. (cover story). (2013). Internet@Schools, 20(5), 8-13.


No comments:

Post a Comment