Monday, February 16, 2015

Post-it Blogpost 6

Before I started reading this article I assumed it would be about a new progressive type of education that is not very well known yet but is growing in popularity. As soon as I started reading the article I realized that it was quite the opposite and that it was a discussion about a terrible type of education called the banking concept. It did not take me long to realize that this banking concept was basically dehmanizing all those that went through this form of education. It creates something my Nana calls educated morons. These people are smart but do not understand simple concepts at times, they do not have common sense, and cannot think for themselves. 
Then when I came along the part in the article where it talks about populist manifestations as an example for using this type of system to control their populations I thought of Nazi Germany when Hitler was in charge. He made his people burn books, which is what many controlling governments do to control their people so they cannot be educated. I felt like the oppression of his government fit a perfect example of how people could be controlled by what they know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment